About the Journal
Focus and Scope
Indonesian Journal of Public Health and Preventive Medicine (IJPHPM) is an open-access and peer-reviewed journal that aims to offer an international academic platform forÂ Public Health researchÂ particularly but not limited to various fields such as Occupational Health and Safety, Epidemiology, Nutrition, and Environmental Health.
Peer Review Process
Editor in Chief will assign the manuscript to Managing Editor for further handling. The Managing EditorÂ will request at least two scientists to review the research article manuscript. All manuscripts are subject to a double-blind peer review, both the reviewer and author identities are concealed from the reviewers, and vice versa, throughout the review process to meet standards of academic excellence.
Detailed information about the flow for the manuscript submission (author) to the acceptance by the editor is shown in the following figure.
In short, the steps are:
- Manuscript Submission (by author) (route 1)
- Manuscript Check and Selection (by manager and editors)Â (route 2). Editors have a right to directly accept, reject, or review. Prior to further processing steps, a plagiarism check using Turnitin is applied for each manuscript.
- Manuscript Reviewing Process (by reviewers) (route 3-4)
- Notification of Manuscript Acceptance, Revision, or Rejection (by editor to author based on reviewer's comments)Â (route 5)
- Paper Revision (by author)
- Revision Submission based on Reviewer Suggestion (by author) with a similar flow to point number 1 (Route 1)
- If the reviewer seems to be satisfied with the revision, notification for acceptance (by editor) (Route 6)
- Galley proof and publishing process (route 7 and 8)
Steps point number 1 to 5 are considered as 1 round of the peer-reviewing process (see the grey area in the figure). The editor or editorial board considers the feedback provided by the peer reviewers and arrives at a decision. The following are the most common decisions:
- Accepted, as it is. The journal will publish the paper in its original form;
- Accepted by Minor Revisions, the journal will publish the paper and asks the author to make small corrections (let authors revise with stipulated time);
- Accepted by Major Revisions, the journal will publish the paper provided the authors make the changes suggested by the reviewers and/or editors (let authors revise with stipulated time);
- Resubmit (conditional rejection), the journal is willing to reconsider the paper in another round of decision-making after the authors make major changes;
- Rejected (outright rejection), the journal will not publish the paper or reconsider it even if the authors make major revisions.
Indonesian Journal of Public Health and Preventive Medicine (IJPHPM) is a journal published by the Faculty of Public Health, Sam Ratulangi University twice a year in September and March
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.