About the Journal
Focus and Scope
As the visions of Ministry of Research, Technology, and Higher Education of Republic of Indonesia are to improve the knowledge, technology, and the innovation then The Program of Accounting Profession (or PPAk), Faculty of Economics and Business, Sam Ratulangi University presents Accountability Journal as one of the efforts to support those visions. The vision of Accountability Journal is to become one of the best journal publisher in Indonesia. In term to reach the vision, then the mission of Accountability Journal is to provide the good research in contributing the knowledge, technology, and innovation in field of economics. Since 2013, Accountability Journal has been published the scientific articles for twice a year which are on June and December. Accountability Journal is welcome for academicians, practitioners, students, and other authors from around the world in the same area of study to contribute in Accountability Journal through double blind peer review process. Accountability Journal publishes research paper which is not published or under consideration on other publishers. Accountability Journal is looking for study which focus on economics field especially on scope of financial accounting, management accounting,finance, auditing, and taxation. The object of study could be profit or non-profit organization. Before submit the article, the Editorial Team suggest authors to read the guidelines and policies for this journal inÂ About Section.
Peer Review Process
- Accountability Journal uses double blind peer review on selecting the article to publish.
- After the article submitted, Editor will assign the article to Managing Editor if the topic is suitable with the scope of Accountability journal.
- Managing Editor will check the author's information and article similarity. If Managing Editor recommends the article is fit then article will assigned to Content Editor.
- Content Editor will check the completeness of the article and recommend to Managing Editor if the article is fit.
- Managing Editor will confirm all recommendations to Editor.
- If the article recommended for further review then the Editor will assign two reviewers (minimum) to review.
- Editor will e-mail the author immediately once get comments from reviewers.
- Author will revise the article required by reviewers and send it back.
- Editor will e-mail the reviewers to comment the revised article.
- If the reviewers agree for the revision then Editor will confirm the author and publish the article.
- The time processing of article is 4 weeks from submission until the article published.
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
Article Processing Charge (APC)
The article which accepted and published in Accountability Journal do not have article processing charge.
The Accountability Journal do not have submission charge for any submitted article.
The Editorial Team use Turnitin for checking the submitted article for Accountability Journal
Since 2013, Accountability has published articles in Indonesian language only, where most of contributors were academicians, practicians and students.
Starting in 2017 (second issue), Accountability has published the articles in English language, where most of contributors were academicians and practicians. This is the starting point of Accountability to improve the management and quality.
On August 2018, one of improvements of Accountability to prevent plagiarism is using Turnitin. Also, at the same time Accountability is starting to develop cooperations with some institutions to get independent reviewers. Till recent, Accouuntability is keep making improvement on quality of articles and management systems.Â